Name: Duncan Baxter
Role: Broker Development Manager
Length of time with business: 2 weeks
1. Briefly explain your role?
I am the Broker Development Manager for the North West and North Midlands. I am responsible for developing and supporting our panel of introducers to help them achieve the best results for Close Brothers Business Finance.
2. What do you enjoy most about your role?
Developing and managing relationships is a major part of my role and I find this the most enjoyable. I also like meeting new people and the day to day opportunities that arise.
3. How would you describe your work ethic?
I aim to give my all every day. I would define my approach to work in as responsible, professional and disciplined. I also enjoy working as part of a team and I am always keen to learn from others.
4. If you could be an animal what would you be and why?
This is a little specific however having owned a Jack Russell terrier for the past 18 years, that would be my choice. They are full of energy, fiercely loyal, respectful, competitive and fun to be around!
5. If you weren’t in work now, what would you be doing?
I would be on holiday with my wife and children - we all prefer a warmer climate!
6. Which of your colleagues would you like to nominate to feature next in meet the team and why?
James Seekings, Business Support Advisor, Hessle. James has joined the business recently and work alongside me in my new role.