Terms and conditions
Close Brothers Business Finance website terms and conditions
Website usage agreement
Close Brothers Business Finance is a trading style of Close Brothers Limited ("CBL"). Close Brothers Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (firm number 124750). Close Brothers Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 00195626) and its registered office is 10 Crown Place, London, EC2A 4FT.
- CBL maintains the Site as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site ("Users"). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. CBL is pleased to allow Users to visit the Site and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Site for User's personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute or create derivative works there from, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to additional restrictions set out in relation to specific material within this Site.
- CBL administers this Site. CBL is a member of the Close Brothers Group Plc. All Material on this Site from the various members of the Close Brothers Group Plc appears on this Site subject to these terms and conditions. In addition, the members of the Close Brothers Group Plc may have additional terms and conditions that govern the use of their material.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials in this Site are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of The Close Brothers Group Plc's Boards of Executive Directors or the businesses they represent.
- Materials provided on this site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, user satisfaction, and non-infringement. CBL specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. CBL periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall CBL be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to resulted from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall CBL or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if CBL has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- User specifically acknowledges and agrees that CBL is not liable for any conduct of any User.
- This site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers and content providers. CBL does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any user of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk. Neither CBL nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting there from.
- As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to indemnify CBL and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of the breach by the User of CBL’s (or a third party’s) intellectual property rights or by a User posting defamatory, libellous, misleading or unlawful content on the Site.
- Nothing in this Site or any Materials shall be construed, implicitly or explicitly, as containing any investment recommendations. CBL is not registered under the U.S. Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Nothing in such Site, or in such Materials, constitutes an offer of or an invitation by or on behalf of CBL to purchase or sell any shares or securities nor should it be considered as investment advice.
Linking to the site
- User may link to any page on the Site, provided User does so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage CBL or its affiliates reputation or take advantage of it, but Users must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on CBL’s part where none exists.
- The Site must not be framed, surrounded, obfuscated, or bordered on any other site, nor may Users link to, simulate or reference parts of the Site in such a way as to replicate the Site or the benefit of visiting it.
- The intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. Except as expressly set out in these terms, CBL, and its licensees, reserve their respective intellectual property rights in the Site and the materials on it.
- Save as expressly set out in these terms, no intellectual property rights of any kind are assigned or licenced to Users.
Links to third-party web sites
- This Site contains links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of CBL and CBL is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. CBL provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by CBL.
- In relation to any bulletin boards, chat rooms, discussion groups, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities included in the Site (collectively, "Forums"), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
- Breach any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that Users know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- User acknowledges that all Forums are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that material in Forums created by other users is not endorsed by CBL, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CBL. CBL reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums, including without limitation e-mail and bulletin board postings. The User agrees that CBL may use, copy, publish and adapt any material posted to the Forums by a User as CBL reasonably require.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
- This Agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws England. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought in the courts of England.
Privacy and personal data
- CBL will not use this right to make substantial changes to the terms to your detriment without giving Users a chance to agree.
- Users are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes CBL made, as they are binding on Users.
- CBL reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect.
- CBL reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any User access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
- No waiver by CBL of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorised representative.
Prize draw for Broker Survey 2017
1. The Promotion is open to all residents of the UK who are 18 years or older, except employees of Close Brothers Limited and their immediate families, the Promoter's advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the Promotion.
2. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other requirements set out in any promotional material. You agree to your personal information being used for the purpose of this competition and for marketing of products and services by Close Brothers Business Finance.
3. Only one entry per person.
4. No purchase necessary.
5. To enter: simply fill out the Broker Survey 2017 and you will automatically be entered into the competition. The closing date for all entries is Sunday 12th November 2017.
6. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged.
7. The prize is a voucher of £500 for a Red Letter Day experience of your choice.
8. There is no cash alternative in respect of any prize and the prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable in full or in part. However, the Promoter reserves the right to offer a prize of equal value as it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate.
9. Close Brothers Business Finance will pick the winner at random and they will be notified by via telephone/email. If the winner cannot be traced and contacted after reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter, that person will forego the right to claim the prize, and a redraw will take place to pick a new winner.
10. The name and county of the winner will be made available on request by writing to Close Brothers Business Finance, Bridge House, Hesslewood Country Office Park, Ferriby Road, Hessle, East Yorkshire, HU13 0PB.
The prize winner’s name, profession and town may be used as publicity on our website and any professional publication who wishes to use the information resulting from the Promotion.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the competition or amend its terms and conditions at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of their control.
12. Any queries or complaints should be addressed to the Managing Director at the address below, whose decision will be final.
13. Promoter: Close Brothers Business Finance, Bridge House, Hesslewood Country Office Park, Ferriby Road, Hessle, East Yorkshire, HU13 0PB.