How we treat our customers fairly at Close Brothers Business Finance
At Close Brothers Business Finance (CBBF) we are fully committed to being fair to our customers, and have fully embraced the Financial Service Authority’s (FSA) Treating Customers Fairly initiative.
At the heart of everything we do is a commitment to delivering high quality service and constantly looking at ways in which we can improve the service we provide to our customers.
For us the principle of Treating Customers Fairly is not a new concept but rather "business as usual" and is a fundamental part of our culture.
We believe that the fair treatment of customers means:
- Behaving in a way that encourages our customers to want a long term relationship with us
- Treating our customers how we would expect to be treated ourselves
- Being clear and transparent in respect of all products and in all communications with our customers
- Developing products which are aligned to our customers needs
- Dealing with our customers personally, promptly and in a consistent even handed manner
- Obtaining feedback from our customers on the service we provide and areas where we could improve
- Ensuring that our promotional material is clear, accurate and jargon free
- Ensuring that our customer facing staff have thorough training on all products they recommend and understand who they are and aren’t suitable for
- Ensuring that our staff are kept up to date with relevant training in matters affecting the quality of service offered to our customers including the fair treatment of customer
- Encouraging all staff to consider the fair treatment of customers in their day to day business activities and to challenge inconsistencies or potential unfairness in the product literature or product features
- Ensuring that any customer complaints are assessed fairly, promptly, impartially, and where appropriate, in line with FSA deadlines and rules
- Encouraging our staff to recommend improvements to service following customer complaints – and monitoring the outcomes
- Regularly monitoring and reporting on all Treating Customers Fairly activities in order to assess our performance across the business and recommend changes where appropriate